Friday, August 31, 2018

Whit Michelle’s favorite Summer moments

I’ve had some really great moments in my city #Memphis!!! I’ve gotten a chance to experience new restaurants in Memphis, attend one of my sweet friend’s wedding, and attend another friend’s very first food festival #butcherboardfestival!!! 

This Summer has also brought the unthinkable! About two weeks ago I lost one of my older cousins to suicide. I can honestly say this has left me mentally unstable. My heart is broken. I have asked myself, "what could we have done, why hadn’t I seen him in such a longtime, and what was bothering him so bad that led him to take his own life?"

Death is never easy, but suicide is definitely not easy to deal with! It is so important to have a relationship with Jesus, and to seek counseling when you are battling with mental illness. I will be transparent enough to say, I too have dealt with depression, but because of my relationship with Christ, my Pastor interceding for me, God sustained me!!!! To God Be the glory!!!! 

Here are a few pictures of my Summer fun!!!


Butcher Board Festival by Cristina McCarter of City Tasting Tours 

Greek food from Grecian Gourmet Taverna 412 S. Main Street, Memphis, Tn 38103

Steak from Stoney River  located in the Shops of Saddle Creek 

Salmon salad and potato soup is from Babulu Tapas and Tacos 

I must say that I was not very impressed with Stoney River!!!!!

Happy blogging!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment